03-16-2018, 12:12 PM   #2
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFRED10 View Post
So I tried to search this, but found some conflicting information on this topic. So from what I understand, if you have an M-Sport Package X5 with the M Performance Package, you're supposed to have a different exhaust from the regular m package exhaust, correct? I'm also under the impression that the tips are supposed to be black on the M performance package. Is this correct? I'm looking at buying a used 2013 X5 35i and it is supposed to have the M Performance package, but the exhaust tips kinda look chrome. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Edit** So that sounded a bit confusing above,
To clarify what I'm asking:
1: Does the 2013 X5 35i's W/M Sport Package AND M Performance Package have different exhausts than the 35i's with ONLY the M Sport Package?
2: Which Models have the black exhausts tips?

Also, when running the vin, there is no note of this having the m performance package. Is that supposed to show up on a bmw vin decoder?

I have yet to see the car in person.

Pic below of the exhaust tip.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I'm almost certain the exhausts are different with M Performance. Agreed with you, some conflicting info on this topic.

I am absolutely certain the M Performance exhaust tips are different - yes they are black (vs. chrome), and the M Performance package also includes aluminum pedals whereas the M Sport does not (M Sport has the aluminum deal pedal, but not gas & brake).

The M Performance package will show up in the VIN decoder, so if you're not seeing it, it doesn't have it.

What's the last 7 of the VIN?
Appreciate 0