06-18-2017, 10:54 PM   #10
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by deansbimmer View Post
Other forums are littered with folks who've gotten creative and made custom brackets for Porsche/Lambo/Brembo/Caddy calipers for their ///M's... I want to know if anyone has seen anything like that for the X5M's. I'm aware of the potential bias issues if ignored but am able to resolve that if I find that there is a rear caliper option that I want to pursue. My question here is about hardware, not theory.

Ok then sounds like it's time to get creative then! you sound like an ass with that comeback, probably not what you intended but posts have a way of not conveying emotion very well.
have fun searching.

Sorry we could not give you what you want.

Spend the 4 to 5k on the brembo kits as they have been tested front and rear and will work well. But the Brembo BBK is actually 5mm smaller than stock in rotor size so just the caliper gets bigger. Lots of money for small return but that's your prerogative. I personally think the rotors are what fills in the wheels nicely not the caliper.

If your just looking for looks they sell glue on style covers on eBay ! Lol. Sorry about that I had to... regardless, as small as the carrier is for the stock rear caliper you would have to purchase the rear caliper and make a custom mount.

Problem is if the rotor isn't the right width for the aftermarket caliper it could be an issue but it would probably work. Unless you used the rotor that came with the kit but then your rotors would not match.

I made custom carriers for my Z4 3.0i to carry 135i 6 piston calipers to mate up to the Z4M rotor so anythings possible.

Sky's the limit if you want to throw money at it.

Here was my project from years ago when I was relocated to Chicago. Because I did my own engineering and fabrication of the caliper carrier it was a relatively cheap mod, otherwise it can get expensive quickly and possibly dangerous if you don't know what your doing.

http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36327
Appreciate 0