Rep
Drives: '08 X5 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSX5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by W84IT View Post
I installed this one a couple years ago and it's been trouble free...the only issue that I have with it is that you have to press the lock button 3 times to activate the remote start, then after that, it takes around 15 seconds for the car to start. I think there's also an add-on that enables you to use your mobile phone to start the vehicle as well.
If you're using your factory remote, then yes. If you opted for an aftermarket remote, then you'd have more range and options. I need more than 1500' of range, so I might be selling mine if I can get the 3 mine range one that 95wildtt is using.

http://kickyride.com/index.php?main_...6d6a169e5f80bc
I installed the Idatastart ads bm1 back in 2014 on my 2012 e70 with comfort access. Comes with harness no cutting wires eveything is reversible. I also added drone mobile module that I can start my car from anywhere. never had any issues with the starter stil going strong.
General question on these remote start units, based on the following scenario:

Exiting grocery store with wife. Remote start car. As we approach car, I unlock doors. Wife enters passenger side while I unload groceries into trunk. I do not open driver side door for several minutes.

With the above, will the car auto-shut-off before I've had a chance to enter and override, because the passenger door had been opened?

Just curious if/how this would work, as this scenario would be pretty frequently used for me. If I need to get in and do something within seconds (or say, under a minute) it will kind of defeat the benefit of installing this in the first place.
Appreciate 0