View Single Post
      09-20-2017, 05:21 PM   #32
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

I myself work at Boeing in Everett, WA which happens to be the world's largest building. With as much parking as there is here, it's still at least a 5 minute walk before I'm even outside, then there's still the walk to the parking lot itself. My current remote is a claimed 1500'...in perfect conditions. With as much metal and concrete there is here, it'll only work if I walk outside, hit the start button, listen for the exhaust (often the remote doesn't verify the cars been started, but I can hear it :-) ) and then I'll continue walking further while inside the building if it's raining or snowing until I'm at a door that's closest to where I've parked. If I'm parked close and in more reasonable places (home, grocery stores, etc), then the aftermarket remote works great.

The 2 mine range Viper remote on my Harley F150 is a different story. Not only does the remote always show the correct info (seems to communicate/refresh communication better), but I've yet to work and park far enough away to where it still did it's job. No need to go outside first or anything, I'll just hit start, gather my things, find the nearest timeclock and I'm outta there.

Coming outside to the A/C or the heater, heated seats and steering wheel being on after a 12hr day is what makes it worth it for me. For those who park in office park garages, have a 500' walk at most, etc will be just fine using the factory remote and hitting lock 3x to start it.
Appreciate 0