04-26-2016, 06:06 PM   #1
RVA_19
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 35d

Low oil two weeks post dealer visit - X5d

Hey Everyone,

Odd issue today on my 2012 X5 diesel. 44,XXX miles

Background info: Was at the dealer two weeks ago for a weird noise in the engine compartment. Upon drop-off, the noise wasn't happening and nothing could be diagnosed. It went through the normal paces and nothing was out of place. Not sure if this is related to the rest of the story.

Yesterday: The oil dashboard alert popped up when I turned off the engine. There were no other alerts while the car was running. When I started the car back up there were no other alerts.

Today: Driving home from work today and the oil light comes up with the warning that I'm in the danger zone for low oil. I immediately call the dealer and take it in. There have been no puddles of oil or noticeable signs of leaking oil in the garage. We open the hood compartment and there is a weird white flakey substance on a lot of the engine components. The SA wasn't sure what it was.

So, to burn through the entire oil tank in two weeks obviously isn't normal. They are keeping the car overnight and should have some feedback tomorrow.

Anyone experience the similar or have a guess as to what is going on?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0