View Single Post
      05-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #17
APLINE_997
Private
Rep
Drives: 997 Turbo

Just something to chew on fellas and ladies too..

Ask your local body shop if they can do the install or removal. Remember good collision shops fix and install stuff all day. They don't take it to a dealer and guess what? Their rates are much cheaper per hour as well. They are more careful because it is what they do all day long. They know how to fix things on your car/suv.

Many shops in my area are $35-$42 an hour compared to $100 - $145 per hour at the service shop. You can do the math.

It does not take 8 hours to remove the rails. If you are doing it according to the book perhaps. It can be done in less than 2 hours. I should know they replaced my rails for my under warranty and they get to bill for 8 hours but the guys know how to remove and install in two hours. Don't remove the entire headliner just unbolt and loosen.

People forget about these guys at the collision centers because we think of them only for paint/body repair. Many of the high end shops have mechanics as well and remember they fix major collision. They know more than the Service Techs I can tell you that right now when it comes to assembly and reassembly of parts.

Try it out you will thank me later.

FYI - My collision center can install springs and coilovers as well No alignments or "corner balancing"
Appreciate 0