View Single Post
      03-01-2017, 09:39 AM   #21
P6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M sold, X5M sold, X6M current

I've owned several BMW's over the years. My most recent daily driver was a 2011 1M which I drove for almost 4 years. I also tracked it and loved every minute. But when I realized used 1M's were going for new 1M prices, I sold it and purchased a dedicated track car. With a non-street legal car, I needed a trailer and a tow vehicle. I just couldn't see myself in a PU or a big lumbering SUV. A friend mentioned the X5M so I investigated. Although pricey new, used examples were pretty reasonable. In 2015 I picked up a 2011 with 60k miles. And an extended warranty, which paid for itself 3x over. What a fantastic all-around vehicle. It does everything well. Vicious power and speed. Great handling. The biggest brakes BMW makes. It tows with ease. And has plenty of cargo space. And when my miata breaks, which is more often than I'd like, I put the X5M on track. Bone stock with just race brake fluid and it holds it's own. I've driven it on 6 different race tracks.

When the extended warranty on the X5M was nearing expiration, I began a search for a new tow vehicle. I was worried about keeping my 90K+ mile X5M without a warranty. Again, there was nothing comparable for what I wanted to spend. So I jumped back into the XM platform. 2012 X6M with 40k miles and an extended warranty. Same color and options. Let the good times roll.
Appreciate 1
sirdaft12202.50