***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc
Great choice, please give us a full review when you get the car. I'm in the market for a 7 seater suv too and I would like sth to compare with my so far favorite pathfinder hybrid.
Will do, but right now I can give you a test drive review.

Car is quiet and smooth. Rides comfortable but you do hear some mirror wind noise...doesnt bother me (my m235i is worst). Most real world mpg test gets mid 20s, some got 30s. It runs on 3 batteries (2 front and 1 running the rear). Its got good power (280hp 0-60 7.2) so you dont feel like driving a minivan. Car is fwd bias but can put 50% to the rear if detected. Some body roll (wait I mean alot of bodyroll ) as the car weights over 4500 lbs. The eletric steering is direct but very soft...hey its not like Im taking this to the track ahahaha

Exterior is very americanized as this will be a big seller in the US. Front is like a tundra, side profile and rear is dodge like. Not the best looking suv but not ugly either. We went with black on black.

Interior is a toned down lexus. I really like the new toyota interior, all soft touch materials. Nothing exciting but its got a mature look...very easy to use. Love the ventilated/heated seats. Thin leather but not cheap. Love the 2nd row captain chairs. We can have passengers pass thru the captain chairs instead of removing the childseats and roll up the seat (this was a big selling point). 3rd roll is tight but anyone under 5'8 shouldnt have problem sitting back there and the space between the captain chairs allow some leg stretch for the 3rd roll passengers. With the 3rd seats up, not much trunk space but can fit a normal size stroller. Other 7 passenger cars is about the same (the ones i listed oringinally).

Toyota has 2 year free maintenance. The hybrid limited has alot of bells n whistles. The highlanders are built in america started last year (use to be in japan).

This is all I have for now and if you do decided on the pathfinder, just be aware of the CVT issue
Appreciate 0