stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat
This is true. In other countries the employer is responsible for the salary for their employees and not the customer. The employees are employed by their employer and not by the customers of their employer. If the customer wishes to leave a tip it is great but if not they should not be upset as they are employed by their employer. If they are not happy with their wages they should take it up with their boss. We do not know how their boss pays them and what the laws and rules of each country,state,city and restaurants are. We also should not have to worry about their income and salary when we go out to eat. Their employer is responsible for their salary.

I do not tip the cabin crew 20% of my airline fare for bringing me food,drinks and snacks on my 14 hour flight to Asia or America. Not my responsibility to know if she was paid right or underpaid when I board a flight and travel abroad. The same goes for business class passengers they do not need to fork out another 10-20% more in their $2000-4000 ticket because they were served foods and drinks on their flight
True. The question is, once you DO know, how do you use that information? That part is on you. How the companies behave is on them. Someone shouldn't nearly drown, but if you see that, do you choose to save them anyway?
I see your point. Do you believe that it is the responsibility of each customer to worry about each person's wage when ever they go to a restaurant,board a bus,board a plane,get a haircut,get their car fixed,get a massage,get a facial,etc...?

I am not anti-tipping as people who wish to tip should tip and should be free to tip but that should not mean that is should be mandatory and that the customers of any or every business establishment should be paying the difference of the underpaid employee by their employer.
Appreciate 0