05-01-2017, 01:06 PM   #24
oil_burner
California Diesel Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' x5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandref321 View Post
After some research I found that the resin I used is rated around 180 degrees Fahrenheit and the engine probably does a consistent 210 degrees (going to confirm after I get an IR thermometer). So the plan is to sand down the last three or four inches of the tubing and recoat the exterior of the tube with high temp epoxy. This will eliminate any danger of epoxy getting to the turbos or intercoolers and still provide some heat defense. I'll test in phases to make sure it's safe. I may have to wrap the rear portion of the tube in heat reflecting tape also.

The filters were longer than I thought when purchased, or rather, the angle required for attachment meant that they protruded farther than I thought. The hood itself doesn't hit them, the kidney shroud touches them as it lowers. I closed it with the shrouds on and it still went down but I'm worried continuous opening and closing would damage the filters when the rubber shroud hits them. I'll probably just remove the shrouds since I'm unsure I'd want to cut the shrouds.
Maybe go kidney grill-less badass? If you still want the grills, I'd just cut it down.
Appreciate 0