Tanzanite Blue II X5M Pilot
Rep
Drives: M3, M4, X3 M40i, X5M

Garage List
2017 m4  [0.00]
2010 BMW X5M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by socale39 View Post
Right now I'm just interested in seeing if I even like the wheel look on my X5. I didn't want to drop another $600+ on painting the centers in the event I wasn't committed to keeping the wheels. Once everything is mounted I'll know whether or not I'll keep these or go with the original plan, 22" Forgestar F14 wheels.
I really like your wheels, however the finish you choose will make all the difference in the world. I couldn't stand the original color of the ADV10s my buddy bought (black centers, brushed lips... they looked too "hoopty" to me), so I test painted the centers/lips with Krylon in different colors to help him visualize the different options. The wheels took on a completely different personality with each color combination we tried.

He tends to be more classic and conservative, so he made the final decision to powder coat the centers in OEM silver and brush the lips... If they were going on mine, I would have done Gunmetal centers and Gunmetal lips (my truck is space gray, his X5M is white). Gunmetal seems to go well with every color.

2020 X5M - Tanzanite II
2012 M3 - Alpine White
Appreciate 0