View Single Post
      05-02-2008, 04:02 PM   #7
morty
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6 xDrive50i

Hey Palbay,

Thanks for keeping the pictures flowing… always appreciated!

Next time you see a 50i, can you check the dash please? I’m still dying to find out if the 50s will be standard with the Leather Dash… my dealer just has no clue, and it seems that dealers are not allowed to speak to BMW directly – they only know what has been handed down in sales brochures and pamphlets… I’m not ordering my V8 until the leather dash issue is clear.

Also a note on wheels, (since you can see it so well in your pictures) – even the ‘standard’ 19” wheels are staggered. I noted earlier that I was worried that the smaller wheels (9” wide vs. 11” wide) would be inset in the rear… not the case: they staggered the rim offsets to push the 9” wide wheels out – so they look just as flush with the fender flare as the big 11” wide optional wheels / tires.

What this means however, is that there is NO TIRE ROTATION possible without actually pulling the rubber off the rims and doing it that way (for the standard 19” wheels)… So that pretty-much makes the 20” upgrade a no-brainer… they just look better, and you won’t see a big improvement in tire life (from properly rotating every 5K miles) with the 19” wheels… granted the 20s are more expensive… but they look SO TOUGH!!!
Appreciate 0