View Single Post
      03-06-2017, 11:47 PM   #1
jandref321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Reduced power after spark plug swap no codes

Hey guys,

Dealer swapped some leaking injectors the other day but left the messed up plugs since they aren't covered by extended warranty. I decided to complete the swap myself. Today when I started the car I noted the smell of gas from exhaust. I drove to work and the car feels super sluggish even in M mode. I figured I didn't plug a coil in all the way or something and waited till I got home to check with carly. No code for misfires but did get an intercooler code. I didn't buy the official carly adapter so no way to officially check the code meaning. When listening to the engine I'm hearing a "cow bell" tinking from that silver guy in the center of the first photo at about 120 bpm. I'm guessing it's one of those front two cylinders misfiring so I'll swap the plugs back when I get the chance. Any other ideas?

2020 G01 X3 30e CURRENT M Sport Package
2019 Ford Raptor SuperCrew CURRENT 802A, KN Drop-in, RB Flaps, Husky Well Liners
2012 E70 X5M SOLD Stg 1+ Turbos, DPs, Velos Stg 2+, JB4, Race Cats, Bavauto Coils
2003 E46 M3 SOLD aFe CAI, AP Axleback, SSK, H&R Springs, TMS CMBR Arms, PF RTABs
Appreciate 0