08-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #3
JVX6M
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryv
I just lowered the X5 Sport on H&R springs and the ride is a lot better than i thought it would be. I went with the 1.2 kit and wish the front and rear would be a a bit lower. If i had the KW's i could just adj them and be done with it. My M3 has KW's and it is lowered about 2 inches and it rides very nice. Rebound and compression setting are a plus but it will cost you. I hope the H&R springs settle a lot more or i will have to do something else.
I also agree with larryv, although I only did the 1.2" drop the slight change in ride quality doesn't bother me one bit! I do have to say depending on whether you have the rear air suspension or not if you lower the back too much with the lowering links provided by H&R and I mean the difference of if I had to guess a half inch or less it can certainly make a huge difference when the rear tires go over any bumps. When I had mine installed I had to go back to the shop bc of some noises from the front springs and I had them raise the back a small amount while I was there and it was a completely different and better quality ride and still looks great! It honestly depends on how dropped you want the vehicle. I would love to drive my X5M slammed on KW's but for the $$$ amount difference + I don't think my ride quality is bad at all and still think it looks sick with my 22's I'm good with H&R. Others feel the exact opposite and these springs get a pretty bogus wrap IMO.
Appreciate 0