View Single Post
      01-26-2016, 07:46 PM   #9
ibpnyc
Rep
Drives: 2000 Ford Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dchl21 View Post
I want to let you know that the x5m drinks major gas. it also gets expensive for repairs.....and yes you will need repairs. warranty aint cheap neither.

you do get a nice looking fast truck but it comes with a price.

im in Toronto ill sell you my 2010 x5m for 37k USD . lots of stuff taken care off and mods included.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUtahX5M View Post
Well I own a few vehicles and I can tell you this... In my garage, there is a 2013 LX570 (26kmiles) , a 2010 X5M (61k miles) and a 2014 Explorer (90k miles). I like each of them for very different reasons. The Lexus really is a tank and is great for hauling people and gear, drives like a soft tank, and is really not engaging in any way to drive.

The explorer is what I use for my daily vehicle, and I beat this thing to no end. I drive it hard and on every kind of terrain you can imagine. I have never had a single problem and maintenance has been cheap and a breeze. I am guessing I've spent around $500 in 90k miles. Do I love to drive it? Not at all. The stereo sucks, the interior is cheap, and yet it performs very well as a workhorse.

The X5M is the one vehicle that puts a smile on my face. It's expensive to drive, somewhat needy, lots of maintenance attention, and yet I have never enjoyed the drive of a vehicle more. The quality of materials is top notch, and it drives like a wild animal.

If you want an amazing ride, and are willing to budget for upkeep, you will love the M.
yeah this will become my daily driver. my Expy is giving me 9 mpg. Thanks for posting your experience.
Appreciate 0