03-10-2015, 01:24 PM   #4
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayjaguar View Post
Well after 3 different trips to the shop I have had all of the parts replaced called out in the N63 Service Campaign (RECALL), with the exception of the timing chains. The vehicle still makes grinding noises in the mornings and idles rough at times. I called BMW corporate to ask about the possibility of a buy back and got a call yesterday to say "it does not meet the criteria".....no surprise. However after 35+ days in the shop and numerous service records I would argue that the vehicles value has been significantly diminished. I am going to see a lawyer this week about a "lemon law" buy back however I would encourage us all to think about the reputational damage BMW has done to this car, good luck reselling this car. In today's connected world all of the service records for our vehicles are easily accessed and frequently become a data point in the sale. I think we have a good case for a class action law suit. I am surprised at the comments in this forum about the kind of loaner car BMW supplies and the parts we are getting for "free" ....this is all noise the real issue is the diminished value causes by these defects
How did you get BMW to apply the N63 service campaign to your S63 powered X5?
Appreciate 0