View Single Post
      01-12-2018, 09:17 AM   #23
amgraham
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5 x35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
That's really interesting. And your dad's home is gorgeous. Our old home was as true a Victorian as can be- 1883 Queen Anne. We only had 6 different colors and nobody ever said a word about it and I never knew that it needed 7. It was always a pita touching it up and getting it right. The historical society did notice that the one accent color matches my 2001 Acura CL-Type S's Sundance Gold, which was intentional though and let it slide.
I'm not sure on the colors, maybe it was six. He knows. The plans for his house were based on a Sears "kit home" when you could buy a house from Sears, around the turn of the century. He has one of the original catalogues. The floorplan really isn't "modern" at all. He stuck pretty much to how houses were laid out "then".

That's a beautiful home. I grew up in an old colonial. Lathe, knob and tube wiring. He totally re-did that house while I was growing up. He always wanted a Victorian but wanted it to be maintenance-free, efficient, etc. He really did it right. Poured basement walls, 2x6 exterior framing, trough drains in each garage stall so all the muck in the winter would flow under the car, stairs from the garage to the basement with an oversized man door to get stuff in and out more easily.

Anyways... sorry to hijack.
Appreciate 1
wrickem2101.00