View Single Post
      01-15-2016, 12:40 PM   #13
HollywoodsX5M
Private
Rep
Drives: 10 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGard
I was driving home from work in lots of traffic as I usually do. At one point the transmission seemed to refuse to shift up a gear and the engine kept revving around 3k rpm (I have a diesel, so that's high).

I feel like the car's been shifting occasionally poorly for a while, so I thought maybe it was related. Also note I just replaced my battery with a Duralast from Autozone about a week ago, registered with Carly, and it's been driving great since.

As for the codes, here's all Carly shows me
Motor Control:
Code: 004121 DDE Main Relay
Code: 004BAC Reducing agent active tanjk level sensor signal sensor monitoring error

ABS/DSC/Brake:
Code:006EC4 Steering Angle Sensor

Transmission Control:
Code: 0055C3 VGSG wheel Notlaufregelung activated. No DXC desired torque setting
Code: 0055DO CAN Message

Instrument Cluster:
Code: 00A3B1 CAN signal fault indicator
Code: 00A559 Shutdown

Heating/AC:
Code: 009C69 PTC Kit

Immobilizer System:
Code: 00A128 unknown failure

Systems:
Code: 00A6D1 Short Circuit to positive or open circuit - additional water pump
Code: 00E1CF The Central registry is incorrect/unknown fault

So based on the fact that like none of these are related, would it be reasonable to think that it's due to the battery being an issue? Should I perhaps let it trickle charge over night?

The thing that makes me wonder if it's a legitimate problem is the fact that the transmission acted really weird just before the light came on. And that happened a good 25 minutes into my commute
I had to replace my battery after the whole time I was having issues, and the dealer saying it's good. Finally I took it upon my self to replace the Battery and bam it works perfect
Appreciate 0