View Single Post
      10-08-2015, 08:49 PM   #69
PAX5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKZOOM View Post
I thought so too. I printed out badassfajita's results and took it to the dealer. The SA stated that they would ask the tech to match the numbers. Upon speaking to the SA via phone yesterday (before pickup) the SA stated that the tech couldn't match the TOE numbers to match badassfajita's results because his X5 had 'Active Steering'. I stated to the SA that I'd take a look at the report when I came in.

I arrived and got the report but the SA wasn't there. I saw the toe was high but I paid and left. Should I reach out to the SA to do it again?
... and that's the problem. The tech will state that he can't match the numbers, but in reality he's too lazy or has no incentive to give you the numbers you are asking for, because the results are "within" spec.

To get numbers like 0.02 on each wheel takes about 10 minutes per wheel because of drift and suspension movement when you're pulling on the eccentrics with a wrench. So it take patience to do it right!

Get it redone. Don't accept "no" for an answer. Stay with the car and ask for a read-out BEFORE they get it off the rack.

Next time (and there will be a next time) ... don't go to the dealer.