View Single Post
      12-09-2014, 10:37 AM   #1
David@fabspeed
Rep
Drives: a few ducatis

Full X6m Build - Mansory/ADV1/KW/Akrapovic - As Requested

Hi guys,

A while back I had started a thread on fitting M-Performance seats in an X6M I am building... In that thread, a few of the members had requested I start a build thread on the truck. Life got in the way and I was incredibly busy so it never happened. Now that the build is coming to a conclusion I figured I would post it!

I know I am not a vendor on here, I am also not trying to sell anything (we do not make anything for the X6M at the moment.)

anyways, here it is!

like most projects, this one started as "Dave, I'm going to ship my car up to you for new wheels and tires", a month later, we are a little past that and coming down the homestretch with this build. This is possibly the largest project I have done with a TON of time in researching parts, talking to vendors, etc.

In the end, the build list is as follows:

2014 BMW X6M in Monte Carlo Blue
- 22" ADV1 ADV10 MV2 CS
- Pirelli P-Zero tires (285/30/22 and 335/25/22)
- KW V3 Coilovers
- AR Design Downpipe's with highflow cats
- Vorsteiner Complete carbon fiber lip kit
- Akrapovic Evolution Titanium exhaust with carbon fiber Akrapovic tips
- OEM M-Performance alcantara steering wheel with color matched 12 o'clock ring
- Mansory Carbon fiber hood (We are painting and leaving the vents exposed carbon)
- OEM M-Performance side skirts
- A ton of stuff from IND Distribution (Painted Front Reflectors, painted gloss black rear badges, gloss black front kidney grills, painted rear reflectors, painted and tinted side markers)
- Tint the windows (50% over the factory rear tint, 15% on the front two)
- Hamann carbon fiber engine cover
- painting the side pieces around the hamann carbon pieces to color match the car

I am having a local shop do the paint work. Karosserie is one of, if not the best guys in the business. I am having them do a light tint on the rear taillights while the car is there getting the hood and engine covers painted)

so yea, its a big job. We will be doing a full professional shoot when she's done at the paint shop, for now cell pictures are all I have.

when she arrived... totally stock.

M-Performance wheel installed

Painted IND parts arrrived and look great, I'm just going to have the body shop install them.

KW V3's installed

with the wheels, the rear needs to come down some

I'm happy with the fronts

vorsteiner lip kit nearly done

M-Performance side skirts need to be painted, I may have the silver section wrapped in carbon the match the vorsteiner parts

The Mansory parts fit PERFECT and the quality is unreal. I am having the complete hood painted to match the car and the little vents on either side will be left exposed carbon.

Car is almost done and back to me for finishing touches. It looks UNREAL.

in no particular order

I had the clear section of the taillights tinted. goes along very nicely with the carbon accents

they disassembled the entire front end to paint and blend the hood and skirts. like i said earlier, the hood was being painted and the vents left exposed.. I think it gives it the perfect amount of "flair" while still looking mostly OEM.

[url="http://s188.photobucket.com/user/FabspeedMSP/media/10836121_10107704273211614_1950200228_n_zps6d68a27 a.jpg.html"]

I had the M-Performance side skirts painted, the center part came painted silver and was supposed to remain like that. I didn't think it matched so I had it re-done in carbon fiber.

I also had them paint the engine cover while they were at it.

and when I get it back I have this Hamann piece waiting to go on the center between the blue pieces.

Appreciate 1