View Single Post
      01-08-2016, 10:13 PM   #1
TheVazha
Major
Rep
Drives: X5Mmmkay.

Velos Tune, honest review.

I had an opportunity to install the Velos tune today. I have tuned several crazy cars and starting at the top I need to mention customer service. The guys at Velos are legit. It was around 11AM Cali time when I sent them the file. I asked if they can get it back to me same day and Omar was a beast about it and an hour or so later I had an email with the stage 2 tune. They disclose that it would take 24 hours but they were amazing at taking care of me before the weekend.

I went through the upload process and ran into a little snag as the battery maintainer I got was not strong enough. I had a 3/1.5 set up and the handheld would not go through with the writing process. I called Omar and he offered that I need a stronger maintainer to get the handheld to "approve" the power and start the upload. A short trip to the local shop and we were in business. Tune uploaded flawlessly. For you guys that are in the process, the 6/3 Amp worked for me.

I took the car out for a short drive in M mode and the only way I can describe it is that the car was violent. The power is unreal. I think I'm a little bit overwhelmed as this is my first turbo car. It reminds me of my M113 AMG's as it just brutal pin you to your seat power. I read another thread about tunes and someone mentioned that it wakes the car up. In my opinion, it does WAY more than that. Off the line it's so fast that you start to lose sight of everything in the peripheral vision, you need to really focus on what you're doing. I say that because you forget you're in a very hefty SUV. So much fun. I don't know how noob mode or regular M mode works and I can't see how I'll drive it any other way.

If you were interested in a tune from Velos, I can comfortably say that it's the right choice.