03-31-2010, 07:51 PM   #19
zibawal
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbear View Post
Thanks for the helpful reply, Zibawal. I am happy to hear this can be done. Will dealers know how to do this?

I like the Monte Carlo blue color a lot. If I lived in the city, I could easily see myself buying that, although if I lived in the city I'd be driving an M3 so it would be Interlagos Blue.

I live on a dirt road, I drive through 2 herds of cattle to get to the pavement. At any given moment I have in excess of 100 pounds of cow $hit clinging to the underbody (mostly) of my X5, and the rest of the car is covered in dust and dirt. Keeping clean is not in any way possible.

I own a blue truck and it looks much worse most of the time than my X5 does because for the most part the Platinum Bronze color matches the color of the prevailing dust and dirt, so the primary effect of the dust and dirt is to dull the metallic shine. If I had to go with one of the X5 M colors I'd probably do the Silverstone or the Space Gray, but neither will look as good as the Platinum Bronze. Also, there is a lot to be said for keeping the same color when I upgrade to the M as perhaps most of my friends and neighbors will not notice that I bought ANOTHER new BMW! ;-)
I totally agree with your evaluation. Silverstone is ur next bet, but some how the way that color looks on M3 , does not quite look the same on X5. All the best. But one thing, DO NOT GET YOUR CAR PAINTED out side! Please!

and of course how would neighbour know that u have a new X5 LOL.

I am in same dilemma! I use to drive 07 335i Montego Blue, loved it. Now thinking of 335iS that is limited color production, Blue is Le Mans, but not as pleasing to my eyes as Montego, but kinda look the same. Next is Silver, White, Black, Space gray( u want to throw up see that car when dirty with mud lol) crimson red. I am so much frustrated at this point, what to do. I like vermilion red but that is only 335i coupe color and to get it on 335iS , $5K more, might as well buy my self a M3 lol
Appreciate 0