View Single Post
      09-19-2014, 11:15 AM   #29
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppyboy View Post
OK. I'm in the exact same boat as you (11/5 is my expiry), so I, too, and making as extensive a list as possible. As far as covered repairs, I feel it often depends on the SA you get. I was not impressed with the last one I got, who was more like a robot, and didn't seem interested in "going to bat" for me. Are they all under similar marching orders, or do some actually take interest in going above and beyond for customers?
The SAs at my dealership have been excellent to date. The gentleman I'm working with now is actually a new SA (to me) as the previous SA was recently promoted. I'm quite impressed so far, and he's knowledgeable as he was a tech previously. That being said, I do believe their "marching orders" are all the same: nothing will be fixed proactively. I was explicitly told that even if they see an issue that is not crucial to the operation of your vehicle, it will not be fixed under warranty until YOU tell them about it. I can see the logic behind that, as otherwise, they'd be fixing cars all day long.

I do feel that the SAs at my dealership are going "above and beyond" as they take my concerns seriously, and I never receive any sort of pushback on my requests.

I also noticed a foul odor coming from my A/C vents when the vents are just blowing vs. the A/C being on, so (for a fee) they will clean and disinfect the entire A/C system.
Appreciate 0