11-18-2013, 06:01 PM   #13
HPIA4v2
Major
Rep
Drives: F80, F86

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy39 View Post
Hey guys,

I am also looking at buying a used 2010 x6 50i with the M Sport Package with 80,000 KM's (buying in Canada). The vehicle is fully loaded and comes with a second set of tires (winter one's). I have the car proof and the vehicle 120 point inspection and everything is clean. The x6 was traded in on an Infinity(so purchasing from an Infinity dealership). The price of the vehicle is $48,000 Canadian, and I have the option to purchase extended warranty from the dealership, which seems pretty extensive for an extra $6000. Just wondering what you guys think and if it is worth considering.

Thanks,
newguy39
check the option list here, punch in the last 7-digit of VIN numbers
http://www.bmwarchiv.de/vin/bmw-vin-decoder.html

2010, is the last year BMW put in 6-speed auto, 2011 has 8-speed. Not sure some people like 6-speed though. I believe it has the updated injectors, if not one fails and you need to replace all 8. (the old style injector is no longer in the market). And each runs close to $300 before install/calibration.

I was looking for a while, 50i is harder to find, but IMHO this car is close to be out of waranty so in any rate gets the ext-waranty.
I just picked up 2011 last week, BMW indy-shop (non-dealer but only does BMWs), give it 100% pass. Just found out the passenger side headlamp is fogging-up badly, I can see the water-marks inside the lenses. Good thing it's still under factory waranty until next summer.

GL.
Appreciate 0