View Single Post
      04-22-2017, 09:47 PM   #11
godmans
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i / 335i / X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by greddy91 View Post
I started down this road 2.5 weeks ago with my 2010 purchased in Dallas.

Get the VIN and check your active recalls. I would also consider calling BMW NA as they were really helpful. So here goes:

Day 3 - snapped the front prop shaft into 3 pieces on a hard 1-2 shift, but not on launch mode.

Ordered replacement from eBay. Arrived. Wrong shaft, but still discovered you have to drop the exhaust and drivers lower downpipe to replace. Correct shaft in now; total cost to me $350.

Drove it to get windows tinted cause stock equals sauna. Noticed a bit of odd bog on the drive home.

Took the kids to school this morning and then one to a doc appt in the afternoon. Highway run for 10 miles then stomped it to make a light (cause ahole.) Then instantly hit limp mode. Coasted two blocks to the doc then limped to O'Reilly's. Pulled off the top engine cover to discover a hard vacuum line snapped in half, but there was a spacer holding it off of the rack that keeps the hoses off of the top of the motor. So I figure I'll just slide that spacer over to bandaid it. Snaps off on the other side. So into the store I go, grab a close in diameter rubber hose and some hose clamps. Problem solved! But not...

Code reader says permenant misfire on cylinder 7.

So now plugs and coils time, which honestly was planned anyway as I want to get a full tune up done before dropping a g at Burger for the Stage 2 goodies.

Problem is... I want to do this on my own time, but this bitsch has her own schedule in mind.

Am I having second thoughts? Yeah... Big time. I could have had an in warranty Caddy ATS 2.0t to 400hp by now with the money I'm dropping... But hey... Turbo V8 SUV in the 11s is such a power draw right?

We'll see... Maybe a for sale sign in our future. Makes me very sad and very frustrated.

For you and anyone else that might consider it... Ask yourself... "Am I handy? Do I have time to sit around and practice being handy?" If the answer to either is no then I'd shop another platform. Pains me to say this.
I am sorry to break the news to you, but what you have experienced are known issues with the E7x Ms, which you would have seen with research prior to purchase. Good news is that you are pretty much at the later part of the list of issues.

IMO, this is one of the more reliable Ms, when compared to the E46, E60 and E9x that have much more catastrophic failures.
Appreciate 0