500+ HP Club
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i8; 2023 BMW M4 CSL

Garage List
2023 BMW M4 CSL  [0.00]
2008 Audi S6 V10  [0.00]
2014 BMW i8  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [0.00]
Well guys, they sure did test the car hard under all sorts of conditions for sure. However, we all know that the real test comes when the products are in the hards of the consumer. Think for instance about the oil pan cooling for the 335i (another twin turbo). I have an 335i so i know the full story. Initially, there were isolated reports, but as more came in, it became pretty obvious there was a problem (even though the car was fully tested before production).

We enthusiasts will drive the car hard and probably operate it harder than well we probably should. Remember this is the V8 and does not appear to affect the V6. It is appears to be the location of the TT in the V8...they are mounted up high and are apparently not getting enough cool air (probably the reason for the hood vents). it is the sensors and plastic covers that are melting because the heat shield may not be enough to protect this area. They (BMW) is far more sensitive with these TT after the 335i experience. They got a few in and noticed that this was the problem, so they are working on a fix. Doubt it will be relocation of TT since with would be a major engine redesign. Probably a better heat shield or maybe even better heat shield.

I am not surprised the dealers know nothing--as a class, they are generally useless. Stick to the forums! If you have a V8, enjoy it but just know that there may be a fix coming... don't over do it though
Appreciate 0