View Single Post
      03-28-2018, 12:44 PM   #389
Steadyspeed
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35i

Wow, this threads been quite for awhile, I've been busy and forgot about my original question for TT about towing. It seemed a few other people chimed in that they tow also. Without much updates on here, I'm going to try to use the stage 1 tune while towing here in the next few months on a short trip and watch my egt's, oil temp and a few other things. I was hoping this was going to get some of us a tow tune that could have been used for DD driving also. I guess if needed I can go back to stock for towing also. The X pulls great when using manual shifting.

Here lately while using the stage 2 tune I get that dreaded idle up, and then downshift lurch symptom from the trans after coming to a stop. My X originally did this when I installed stage 1+ and after reading about it and learning you had to reset adaptations when installing the tunes, I did this when I installed stage 2. It's been about 3 months after the install, it originally went away with the new clean install. But now it's back and it's terrible.

I'm sure others have experienced this. I guess when I go back to stage 1 for towing or stock I'll reset everything and see if it goes away again. I'm not sure if this is tune related or something with the trans learning.

This was my bump for a tow tune.
Appreciate 0