View Single Post
      02-01-2011, 04:07 AM   #6
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

My E92coupe got nicked two months ago; the guy who nicked it even got his picture taken by a speeding camera at 4.16 am, they still did not find the car. After all the talk with some security people the wheel strap on the steering wheel is also a good deterrent (am not saying it should be the only one, but it is a cheap one). It is mechanical and it may make thieves look someplace more convenient. I just ordered an x6 which is probably the most wanted car by thieves. Now comes the punch line, one of the security guys told me that in THEORY one can disable the engine by the mobile phone, you just have to send a message (or dial a number, not sure). I told him, yeah I know it could be done, but then he said that in THEORY it also could be possible to activate an airbag while driving, which would be a big bummer for the thief (Of course it would have to be a real expert for the car and of course it would be illegal…). Am glad they found your car! Below is a photo of my E92 (I loved that car). p.s. I find it amazing they had new set of keys with your car already
Attached Images

Appreciate 0