12-12-2009, 10:43 PM   #75
racer m
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M, Alpina B7, E92 M3, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladberca View Post
awesome car! congrats! did u plan to change the exhaust?
there are already 2 better cars than nissan gtr: ferrari 458 italia and the new 911 turbo (although they have a double price than gtr) ... with ceramic brakes equipped i don t think u'll find a better car in terms of braking and performances, in general...
The GTR has already been tested with against the 997 turbo with PDK and the GTR beat it. When the looked at the data from the test, the GTR entered and exited every corner with much higher speed that the Porsche, however the Porsche was able to make up a lot of time down the straightaway due to its better power to weight ratio. This clearly shows that the GTR is a far superior handling car, and if it were to have the same power/weight ratio it would have beat the Porsche by much more. Since the Porsche costs almost 2X the GTR, if you stuck half that money into the GTR you can easily have a 900bhp, racing suspension, carbon fiber'd out Godzilla that would run under 7 min at the Nurburgring and be able to beat a Porsche RSR. I know its very hard for all the Porsche owners (myself being a former owner) and their egos to accept this, but it is what it is. There is no match for the GTR at this time, and there is a ceramic brake upgrade for it also.

Here's a video of the test:

http://www.gtrblog.com/2009/12/09/au...supercar-test/

Last edited by racer m; 12-12-2009 at 11:25 PM..
Appreciate 0