View Single Post
      10-19-2016, 07:48 PM   #78
Beamin09X
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 09 X5 4.8 Sport Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris95559 View Post
you cant use kelly bb, nada etc for trade in values. Dealers use auction and sometimes galves wholesale. when you plug in the car on them there is basically no adds on this car for options. So base or fully loaded your getting the same amount on trade in and 11k is about what it's worth to a dealer. they need to make a few $1000 profit selling it and might not even list it at NADA retail.
That's the car business for you. They'd rather make a "few grand" off of someone if it means sitting on a car until the right sucker comes along who takes sh!t for their trade in rather than try to gain a loyal customer, repeat shopper who really wants the car, who has excellent credit, who brings in a car in outstanding condition, etc.

And actually you can use KBB and NADA. They'll pull up KBB right in front of you if you ask, because that's where they get their numbers. They check all the boxes with the equipment on your car and they'll show you "National Base Price" or basically top auction value. My car is not just worth auction value if you actually take in to consideration all that the car is equipped with and its condition. They will always offer as low as they can which I understand, and should be willing to deal starting with that number. This situation is unique however in that there really wasn't any dealing anyway due to the fact that they couldn't have even had my car on their lot legally.

Anyway, the General Sales Manager called after I had a conversation with a sales associate on the phone who knew it was me calling to see if they still had the X5M for sale. Well of course I knew it wasn't, I just wanted to see if they'd be honest with me. Surprise, that sales associate gave me some snide remarks and ultimately lied about the M being sold. I guess he felt the need to tell his boss about this, which is what prompted the GSM to call me back to get to the root of the problem. And the root of the problem was that they immediately showed my car with a recall, which is correct, but took in this X5M which also needed the recall w/o doing any research on it before they listed it online and put it on the lot. So in the grand scheme of things, they were trying to sell a car they didn't know had an open recall and didn't have the slightest clue until I walk in and bring it to their attention. Knowing I had been lied to by the idiots, I went so far as to call BMW with the VIN to get it straight from the horses mouth... yes the X5M was affected by the recall. Therefore, the dealership ditched the car from the web the day after I was there and now is sitting on it. Turns out it can't even have the recall fixed in the US. It has to go back to Canada to have the airbags replaced. So f*ck those dudes.
'09 X5 4.8i // Sport // Cold weather // Napa leather // H.U.D // WeissLicht LED halos // WeissLicht LED fogs // WeissLicht LED plate lights // ECS paint matched kidney grilles // paint matched lower grille inserts // paint matched front reflectors // Muffler delete w/ quad tips // StopTech F/R slotted rotors // LCI tail lights
Appreciate 0