View Single Post
      10-19-2016, 07:09 AM   #75
SakM_5
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Panamera Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamin09X View Post
Just bringing this back with my recent experience. I bought my '09 4.8 the end of January, just days before the recall was released. I was browsing this weekend, looking to see what kind of M's were out there and found one local. I was so excited and convinced myself I'd find a way to afford it. It was a 2010, 60k, Blue, just my type! Well digging in to it, it came from Canada and was traded in to a dealership up here in WA State just a month ago.

The NHTSA site wouldn't even recognize the VIN since it was from Canada. This recall situation never occurred to me before going to try to trade mine in. Then that was almost one of the first things they looked into with my vehicle. They briefly mentioned it as if it weren't too much of a concern. I couldn't help but reply with, "being only one year newer than mine, you don't think your car for sale outside is affected by the recall too?" As if I had just instilled some newfound wisdom in them, they decided to try to look it up. Again, being that it was from Canada, the VIN was unrecognizable in all of the different resources they used. He said, well if this X5M is affected, we can't legally sell it. Meanwhile I'm just thinking to myself, you took this in on trade w/o doing a single bit of research on it because you were too preoccupied in selling your new Lexus to the guy & probably gave him sh!t for trade-in. Despite all of this nonsense going in, they insultingly offer me $11K for mine due to the fact "they couldn't sell it & would have to send it to auction." I left there pretty heated with the whole situation and they promised to call me about the M and whether or not it needed airbags. Surprise; no call! So I check AutoTrader and their site, the car was removed!

hate be a bearer of bad news but an 09 4.8 is only worth about 11k on a trade in. this is factoring the truck has about 70k miles on it. if its got anymore then 80k it may even be worth less.
Appreciate 0