shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapezzul View Post
BMW has its own line of "aftermarket" parts- it is known as BMW Performance and this is available for the 135 and 335 as a port installed accessory and there will be a dealer kit later on. The BMW performance parts are extremely well designed and are backed by a real BMW warranty not the fake Dinan one. (Look up the Dinan warranty clauses and horror stories) For the 1 and 3 there is additional cooling components required. It is not stated what specifically is involved with the X6 but most would think that BMW also increased the cooling with this package- once someone has a 7RR I would love to see photos of the inner wheel wells, or when the info is in the BMW system what part #'s the 7RR requires and compare with the 1 and 3...
You can say what you want about Dinan and their "fake" warranty but it is just as good as the factory one and they stand by it and I have never had a problem with my previous Dinan vehicle. It all depends on how friendly your dealer is with Dinan. BMW, will always deny the claims if a Dinan part is installed but most Dinan authorized dealers will fix the problem and then get reimbursed from Dinan. Also, BMW performance parts tunes are more conservative and cost more than Dinan, which is already expensive.
Appreciate 0