View Single Post
      11-06-2009, 11:11 PM   #20
Low Note
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 X3/2010 X6 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by artrosis View Post
I hadn't even noticed this at all until a few minutes ago trolling through someone elses post but there is no Rear Windshield wiper for the X6.

It rains a lot where im from and I am concerned about the visibility. I hope BMW will remedy this and make a kit that can be installed at the dealership. Thats an important necessity for people who live in rainy climates and it should be an option on a one hundred thousand dollar car.

Can anyone tell me what there driving experience is in the rain with no rear wiper. I live in the Northwest and this is kinda a big deal for me.
I got my 2010 X6 5.0 last week, and had it in some heavy rain up in Pennsylvania on back roads and PA Turnpike, which is a dangerous road even in the best weather. No problem with the rear window. With the HUGE side mirrors (and they are huge...thank goodness they can be folded in) and top view camera on the 2010 models (only rear view camera was available in 2009model year), I haven't had to really use the rear window for parking at all. It is amazing, however, how well I could see traffic behind me through the rear window even in the heavy rain (!). It probably has something to do with the rake of the glass in the rear hatch. So not to worry.

BTW, the 2010 X6 5.0 is clearly the best driving and best built car I've ever bought (and I have owned many BMW's and Mercedes vehicles since 1972). It just goes to show that US workers are as good (or better) than anyone else on the planet. Fit, finish, and performance of this vehicle is amazing. And BMW has finally got the I-drive to be so intuitive that you don't even need to read the owner's manual. Try figuring out the navigation system in any Mercedes product. Bet it will take you the better part of a day, and then it still won't work. Oh, and for the real kicker....Mercedes has de-contented the fold in mirror option on most of their fleet. Why? Because customers were complaining that they squeaked when they folded in. Wow.
Appreciate 0