05-16-2016, 10:42 AM   #17
RSBro
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnersfan10 View Post
I would love to see Mclaren get into the Weathertech series. I love seeing all of the different makes compete with each other and the organizers really have done a great job making it competitive across the board. I would be surprised if Ford was sandbagging, Lamborghini got busted for that at Daytona, with all the telematry that the organizers have access to it would be hard to pull it off. I think the GT's are the quickest cars out there but they seem to have had alot of teething problems with the platform(which is totally expected in a 1st year car). I'm looking forward to seeing how they do at LeMans where they can use their speed/aero advantages.
That's a good point I hadn't thought about. They're about middle of the pack in WEC as well, which is why I think John made that comment. I'm not sure if WEC is as observant as IMSA about that stuff. But Le Mans is definitely going to suit their design no doubt. It's smart they're bringing all 4 cars, because from the way things have looked so far this season, they'll be lucky to get one home by race-end.
I'm predicting a Ferrari 488 win though. That car is impossibly fast this season and since it's a Ferrari, it just 'works'. Those Fezza customer teams really have their stuff together. I mean AF Corse runs in pretty much every series on the globe AND wins. Aston Martin are my favorite WEC team but they are running on new Dunlops this year and just are way off the pace.