View Single Post
      05-12-2016, 05:36 PM   #15
gunnersfan10
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSBro View Post
I was watching the WEC-SPA race this weekend and they were talking about how Ford is probably holding back in both IMSA and WEC so they don't get any significant BoP adjustments before Le Mans. I think it was maybe John Hindhaugh (sp?) that said Ford wants to be #1, #2, #3, and #4 positions in GTE-Pro after the first hour to get that headline and if they win too, that would be awesome. Kind of agree with him. It's a hard choice between listening to John or Varsha for WEC races. Both guys are solid.

I thought I read McLaren was rumored to go back to Le Mans in GTE this year but obviously that didn't happen. I'm not sure why, as the 650S seems to be very much up to pace this year. Sad there's so many in PWC yet nobody in IMSA or WEC has chosen to run that platform (yet).
I would love to see Mclaren get into the Weathertech series. I love seeing all of the different makes compete with each other and the organizers really have done a great job making it competitive across the board. I would be surprised if Ford was sandbagging, Lamborghini got busted for that at Daytona, with all the telematry that the organizers have access to it would be hard to pull it off. I think the GT's are the quickest cars out there but they seem to have had alot of teething problems with the platform(which is totally expected in a 1st year car). I'm looking forward to seeing how they do at LeMans where they can use their speed/aero advantages.

Past:2013 Boss 302, 12 370Z Nismo, 01 Acura CL-S, 13 370Z, 12 G37xs, 01 Boxster, 04 Mustang GT, 83 944
Appreciate 1