View Single Post
      04-29-2014, 12:02 PM   #4
HPIA4v2
Major
Rep
Drives: F80, F86

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8888vx6 View Post
use to have the same code. BMW changed the injectors, turbo's gaskets, few more parts. I had to fight not to pay, cause it should be covered by CPO. They denied it. Then I went true my repair's paperwork to show them it was changed half a year ago. Instead of $4000 I have paid $550. Plus they replaced the 8 injectors (11revision).
I've traded my x6 in last week. Good luck
Interesting, sometimes I wonder how the SA (service advisor) statement of work, really accurate or just plain lies?

I can buy injectors issue, rather common on 1st gen DI engine by BMW, but turbo gaskets?

Good job, fighting the bogus charges, if your car was repaired with new injectors 1/2 year ago, you should get the latest 8 injectors already (the one in 2009 car and the latest are not compatible so all 8 had to be replaced at that time) and one-bank fail code means you don;t need to replace all 8 again, only the one in that bank. Yes $550 is about right for part + labor + coding.

IMHO, BMWNA needs to protect franchise by penalizing bad dealers, the one that's racking up bogus unnecessary works. It's a delicate balance I know, BMWNA wants to give business to dealers but not at the expense of customers and still thrive at the end among competition in luxury brands
Appreciate 0