View Single Post
      05-15-2019, 09:36 AM   #39
s390er
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSmokos View Post
Update: Well local BMW who did the VSS less than 2 months ago determined that it wasn't their workmanship (yeah, I know what other outcome would there be). They submitted the case to BMWUSA and BMWUSA and the dealer quoted a replacement engine at $34K. As part of a good will, BMWUSA offered a free engine and the dealer quoted $10K to replace the engine plus a 2 year unlimited warranty. So I get a new engine installed and warranty for $10K. Now I'd rather have a "strengthened" engine, but I think going the local BMW dealer option over the Ghassan alternative is probably the right choice here. Anything comes up in the future, it's right down the road. Mind you I think I'm still getting stiffed as there's no way it's $10K to pull and install an engine, but $10K all said and done, ok.

I'm going to see if I can get them to pull the oil pan and see exactly what happened. I'll update as I go here.

Thats not bad, i'd love to have an option like that at this point, is there anyway you could dm your case number so i could ask them to refer to that in the meanwhile incase they give me no other options?
Appreciate 0