View Single Post
      06-16-2016, 08:22 PM   #31
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

My tuner said himself that he works around the limits of the stock MAP sensor, so he said for me/us to swap the sensors are useless. At this point I'm taking that information as is.

Seeing some of the cars I've raced, the S63 definitely runs out of breath at the top end, which I'm guessing isn't an issue on the S63TU.

PP Performance has taken a page right of the $$Dinan$$ books and simply taken stock BMW parts, marked them up grossly and then claimed them as their own - http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=638340

I've got a custom intake, downpipes, stage 2 tune and I'm doing my custom exhaust soon as well. I'm doing meth research as we speak...if anything it's just for it carbon cleaning abilities at this point since my tuner doesn't like and/or wanna tune for meth. I've yet to hear a single story of transmissions failing on these vehicles. Drivelines/draveshafts for us and the M5, all day long, but I'd love to read a thread about failed transmissions for the sake of knowing.

Agreed...short of an S63TU swap, I don't know we'll ever reach the S63TU's power levels since they're got different heads, injectors, cams, block, rotating assembly, etc etc as I've verified it on www.realoem.com to kill the curiosity of how similar or dissimilar our S63 is to the S63TU. Other than architecture, we share very little...we don't have MAF's, can't run JB4, etc. We're officially the bastard children before mommy got it right lol.
Appreciate 2