06-07-2016, 10:13 PM   #23
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myaddiction View Post
That's fine and your choice. I'm not selling meth kits and would prefer to stay away from one if possible but it's not possible on the S63 if you want to go beyond a tune and downpipes.

You simply won't make good power on 91 California gas. The blend is not knock resist at all and acts like 89 found else where in the country. It's focused on smog reduction first. You can't break 500rwhp on it in these motors let alone reach the systems fuel volume limits which are much higher if you have the octane to support the boost.

I add E85 to my tank making a E30 blend and you can see the difference right away as timing climbs up without the knock 91 produces even on a stock tune.
I'm looking into either the Snow Performance 210 kit or Aquamist HFS-4 kit and going on the cheap by using washer fluid/Heet until tuning comes out for us. At this point it's only going to be used for carbon cleaning and maybe a little extra power for whatever amount the computer may adjust to the added octane.
Appreciate 0