07-13-2023, 12:13 PM   #4
Ellie13
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5 35i

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 35i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDNJBMW View Post
Thanks, i will order one as soon as i fogure out if the pressure switch code has anything to do with it, or is the heater control valve causing the pressure switch code to come up.
Mike, did you ever discover/confirm this issue? Our 2013 X5 35i is having a similar problem - regardless of the temperature controls / max ac setting / auto setting - we will occasionally get VERY hot air blowing out of one side of the rear passenger vents. We cannot determine the cause as it is intermittent and never seems to be one side or the other. Sometimes it blows ice cold AC on the driver side rear, while also blowing blazing hot out of the passenger side rear (or vice versa)

One time we even noticed the VERY HOT air blowing only in the driver side footwell, while all other vents (Dashboard: left, center, right and Rear passenger both sides) still blowing cold.

It feels like we are just randomly get this where we turn on the AC and when the car gets up to temp we will just have 1 or 2 random vents start blowing super hot.

We have taken it to a local mechanic that specializes in BMW, and he said that they scanned it, there are no codes or faults, but he also mentioned that they could not replicate the issue, even when the car got up to temp. He said it COULD be the blend door actuator but he was not sure.

P.S. we have the "2 zone" climate control, as there are no controls for the rear passenger 2nd row.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks
Appreciate 0