View Single Post
      12-30-2017, 05:48 AM   #5
DatX5M
Rep
Drives: X5m

Thanks for all the replies, I took it to bmw for their lovely “diagnostic test” after it happened again this week :/ they said hey added a quart of oil, just in case as directed by their silly trouble shooting guide. I need to do the oil change in both tranny and transfer case is there a DIY guide?

Batt. I have a brand new aftermarket battery Duracell AMG H8
Had it coded by bmw after having low voltage outputs to all systems.(bc I decided to change it thinking if it was the identical one no coding was required. I played myself had to pay 100$ for coding that too)
That caused the computers only drawing up to 29.9% and the batt life/ charge level was at 93.3%.

My guess is that it could be one of the selonoids on the megatronics, or the megatronics itself going out. Could also be related to a fluid press loss in the trans. (No leaks though) But that would cause the temp of the tranny to surpass the 89c it’s camping at all day while driving, 95C being the threshold before getting warnings on the OBC

I will post the codes I got when i get a chance for future references for everyone

Will also call ZF transmissions to gather a little information
Appreciate 0