View Single Post
      07-11-2017, 07:30 PM   #23
j6yd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 50i & Dog Powered Longboard

Wow!!

I must say after 3 years of ownership with the suv you just purchased but in carbon black, if you get a chance to get out do it!

Ive babied mine and honestly its slowing turning into a nightmare, 5k oil changes etc etc but its starting to smoke at 92k and oil pump whines a little and leaks oil!! My driving is varied and I give it some stick every now and again to surprise the odd new mustangs.

It sucks because I love it even now and it will be sad to get rid but it drinks oil like my 96 mazda RX7 but its my daily which is a PITA, eats tires on the front, tracking goes out all the time. Bar the engine, mechanically its great no knocks or squeeze the engine is garbage on the whole imo (Thats coming from a rotary engine guy) and the lack of tracking adjustment on the front makes for 30% wastage on the fronts tires.

Sorry to lower the tone but unless you want to keep it forever or spend alot of time at the dealers I wouldn't go though the headache - the power hike over the 35i or 50d isn't worth it unless you like burning money/time.

I'm about to do the seals on mine and get rid, BMW ownership is not what it was. I had a 3 series on the 96 that did 160,000miles no issues!

I gave the 50i a chance despite what I saw and it is turning about to all be true!
Appreciate 0