View Single Post
      02-18-2014, 10:03 AM   #3
MonacoJoe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5M - Carbon Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscanyboy View Post
Hi there I am looking for some answers to my ongoing issue.
I have a 2007 BMW x5 4.8i and my vehicle starts up great and runs fine through the fast idle normal start but as soon as it kicks down it runs pretty rough. After it clears somewhat it drives fine until I hit about 2500 rpm and then it hesitates triggering the flashing check engine light. I shut it off and back on and the light goes away. If I don't hit 2500 rpm and let it warm up a bit more the engine light never comes back and the vehicle seems to drive ok with the odd flicker of hesitation in overdrive at highway speed.
I have changed the spark plugs, cleaned the fuel injection at the shop, switched around the ignition coils, changed out coil pack on cylinder 8, checked crank case ventilation issues ( fine) changed out fuel injectors and I keep getting the same code on the scanner po308.
Occasionally I can smell oil burning not from the tail pipes but the back of the engine. Not sure if its the same issue but it only happens once and a while.
I have read multiple causes on the internet but I find you can get even more confused by listening to each and every one. Anyone had the same issue with the same vehicle?? Thoughts or suggestions??
Thanks very much!!
could be a bad fuel injector
Appreciate 0