View Single Post
      06-24-2008, 08:03 PM   #1
cheaptrick
cheap
Rep
Drives: 335CIC & 35i X6

X6 driving impressions

Just got back from long trip to Monterey and back. 1000 miles trip total and now have 1200 miles on X6. Took 2 buddies and their bags and golf clubs up there to play some golf. Ride is very comfortable on the highway and when I hit the sport button I could feel the suspension tighten up. When I was in tight traffic or a lot of turns you could feel sport setting helping. Car did not feel any different with 1 or 4 people aboard. Pick up from a stop was just so-so, but once it was in motion then pick up was great. There is a 2 lane stretch on hwy 46 with a lot of slow traffic and I could pass with ease when I stepped on it. Very suprised how hard that n54 engine pulled from 50-80 mph and was not even in sport mode on tranny. Real comfortable ride for long distances, and did this trip with half the fatigue I had when I did it before.
On a slightly negative note, 3 golf bag and 3
small suitcases barely fit. We had to take the drivers out of our bags and lay them legnthwise to get them in. When we picked up our 4th and had 4 golf bags and no suitcases I had trouble closing the hatch. Had to reload 2 times to get it all in. BMW advertises 4 full size golf bags (I say yes but barely)
Car certainly turns heads wherever it goes. Even the millionaires in Monetery and at Pebble had to stare. Averaged 18.6 mpg at 75 on way up and 19.7 mpg same speed on way home so it's adopting nicely. Very happy so far. CHEAP