09-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #6
///AV_330i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihvabmr View Post
I concur with the posts above. I would refrain from any expensive SUV's since you are a college student. Just purchase something a bit more practical, and buy a nice vehicle after college when you obtain a good paying job. But if you insists between the two vehicles, I would go with Fx35 or 45. I used to own an 08 FX45. Although I disliked the overall driving experience of the FX, but I will have to agree that the reliability of the FX is pretty good.
I wouldn't really consider an FX or X5 with >100,000 miles a "nice suv" - all I want it something with decent practicality and that is fun to drive.

Coming from a 335, the "fun to drive" is the hardest to satisfy since I'm looking at suvs only, and as of now only the FX and X5 have proved to entertain me while being driven.

I did look at other "less nice" options - the MDX drove like a minivan, the Lexus Rx is a girls car, the old ML supposedly has awful reliability (I also looked at a Range Rover but again, same problem), I hated the CVT of the Murano, and the Infiniti QX4 (what I almost bought a while back) was actually pretty zippy but handled terribly and is apparently not too safe.

If you all have any other suggestions besides the X5 or FX please let me know but thats pretty much what I've narrowed it down to.
Appreciate 0