TTV8M
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 AMG GLE53, '10 X6M

Garage List
2023 AMG GLE53  [0.00]
2010 BMW X6M  [0.00]
2008 Mini Cooper S  [0.00]
i also have a friend in Dubai (UAE) and he has many customers with our e70 and e71 body styles. You may have seen his videos on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/c/TasosMoschatos/featured

i can mention to him when the times right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports View Post
That's great news and thank you for detailed information and write up. If you need someone in 125f++ and high humidity to test it let me know. Would be happy to help. All you'll have to do is show me how to read IATs on The X5M (Tools needed).......

So, in my Point of view, I still feel, for the X5M an RK design is better as the filters are out and away from the engine heat and in dorect clean cool airflow in front of the car. The problem for me personally with an over the VC Intake is the extreme heat created by the motor, turbos and no escape and the ambient heat here in Bahrain from the roads and ACs running etc. reaches up to 149f.

No, i kid you not. I was a senior official and marshal for F1 in Bahrain since 2004 until recently and was in the pits and trackside as well. Used to see the Pirelli guys do the measurements all the time in March time frame when its nicer. Still we were above 125f on track and 110 air temps. For Example July and August here are the hottest months and right now the temps at night are from 95-105f LOL with high humidity sometimes.

RK Style would be easy to clean as well as i'll have to do that every few months because of the dust and sand here.

I know I am possibly going to be your only customer from this hot and dusty of a region but I just wanted to provide the info above. Also an Improved RK Style intake would be cheaper to produce and benefit the buyer as well.