View Single Post
      01-12-2020, 03:40 PM   #8
E70_X5_
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcattletown View Post
Have you cleared the codes again to see if they come back?
Yes i always clear the codes when re-testing. They have come back

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
Hopefully the alternator works out. I've ordered new bushings and springs instead since I'm getting over-voltage issues in the mid 15's range. Twice now it's gotten so bad that the wipers wouldn't shut off, airbag errors, etc and this morning Rheingold wasn't reading all the modules even though everything is working after I clear them all.
Sad to say, but the alternator did not fix the problem. I think when a scanner cant/wont read the modules it has to do with an electrical, or some sort of problem with communication to that specific module.

The current codes i am pulling are:

55C3 VTG AWD limp-home control activated. No DSC specified nominal torque.

5F2F DSC Transmission: interface

A8BC FRM:Mini:Side market light at front right or rear left faulty.

C579 CIC: DVD medium fault.

The issue only seems to occur when accelerating to get onto a highway. There is a strong stutter and the car goes into AWD limp mode with a loud clack sound which sounds like a clutch slipping or something of that sort. I have an odd feeling it is something to do with the transmission or transfer case slipping. Such an odd situation because i never had this issue prior to the battery discharge issue. After a new alternator and battery i would assume the issue would be gone, but it is here still. The codes are not really helping the situation as they are sort of generic. Anyone know what else would be best to troubleshoot in this sort of situation?
Appreciate 0