First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i Stage 2

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
Also worth noting is that you can't remove the cowl if you have an OEM Alarm. There's a Bonnet (Hood) pressure switch mounted to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EM58NDS%20135i View Post
Does anyone know if the M3 cowl mod works on the 135i? It seems real popular over on e90post.
Yes I recently posted on the thread. The part number are there for it. I just ordered my cowl filters. People are seriously over reacting to this. I've worked on cars my whole life. Built them from the ground up. What needs to be waterproof is waterproof, BMW doesn't cut corners when it comes to that (I.e the ECU box). Also the engine is water proof on it own. If you have stock air intake or just a cover one you can literally spray your engine with water. It's water tight. Some people really know what they're talking about here, but some don't. I'm sorry. Not trying to be mean. It's a replacement. Bmw didn't want it to look cheap, that's all. The BMW coal filters look cheap but we like them (well I will like them in a few days) cuz of the noise from the engine and I plan on putting an oil catch can from BMS. This will help me empty it more often so I don't have to remove the vowel every time. No one honestly cares about the weight when doing this mod.
BC Racing coilovers
M3 control arms
Appreciate 0