02-29-2016, 11:53 PM   #14
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorbmwx6 View Post
My BMW rep. answered my question for me: "Your X6M is not applied to this recall." Apparently BMW uses higher quality parts, components and assembly techniques for their "///M" models vs the non-"///M" models.
This is wrong for the simple fact that a www.realoem.com search shows these pumps are used on multiple BMW engines. Countless engine parts are shared between the N63/S63 engine, so while we'd like to feel special, there aren't that many differences. The N63 Customer Care Package is finally trickling it's way down to other engines since these same parts are used, ie I just got my injectors replaced and was given a loaner vehicle just a few weeks ago. So far it's only been the injectors, so fingers crossed that the other N63 items will start getting covered on the S63 engines as well.

My buddy works at the dealership, so he did plenty of things for me since he already had my car apart...vacuum pump was leaking and replaced for around $240 including parts, I bought my own low pressure fuel sensor line off eBay for $50 (it's the bottom line where the sensor is different, it's shown as "superceded" when searching www.realoem.com, crankcase vent lines were replaced (also "superceded" by my parts 1, 2, and 3 we're already broken, I've still gotta replace three others) myself when I removed and gutted my cats, then AFAIK my MAF's are still OK but now I question them since they're part of the N63 recall.

Ironic thing is a month prior I was writing BMW NA about my leaking injectors and I was told basically to F off for and they knew nothing of any pending recall, then suddenly a thread was created here with a bulletin number and I was at the dealership shortly after. Screw you, BMW
Attached Images

Last edited by m5james; 03-01-2016 at 12:03 AM..
Appreciate 0