mrpcar
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkkkker View Post
MRP you dont "go after Costco." You eliminate Costco if you can as the suspect cause of the fouling (by not replicating the issue with another S63 using gas from THAT store). Then its a dealer issue. A Fortiori. Literally "the thing speaks for itself." If you do replicate the issue with another S63 which hasn't had this issue before then it is the Costco fuel/fuel tank at THAT store. Likely a dirty tank if it happens to your rig every time. If it happens just once in a while it may have been a bad load of gas but it doesn't appear that many of us have had this problem using Costco fuel. Its the process of elimination that takes you to the next step. You have to eliminate causes, the easiest being the fuel at THAT store. If you cant do that then Costco will listen. Go directly to the store manager and show him this blog. They are reasonable guys and very consumer conscious. But do first things first. Good luck bro.
Here is the problem, Costco's gas supplier is not very consistent changes daily. So I think the problem goes from batch to batch, so it is very difficult to trace and identify. I think Costco knows this and are aware that sometimes they may get a bad batch so they usually offer no question asked compensation if you can show a repair bill.

Ever since my incident I've done a lot of google search and found that there are many people whom also had fuel related problems with Costco gas.

BTW, I am a big fan of Costco. I like the company, their service and products they offer. Hack, my reward check recently from them was $450. And I spent $6000 just on Costco gas last year.
Appreciate 0